Essential Duties of PBX Operator
- Operates the switchboard, which includes receiving, placing and transferring local, domestic and international phone calls. Records and maintains a record of caller, destination of calls on restricted extensions as directed. Provides system or directory related information.
- Completes long distance, conference and international calls and logs as directed.
- Responds rapidly and appropriately to Code-Blue calls, and all other emergencies. Notifies proper staff regarding fire or disaster alert.
- Performs paging functions.
- Coordinates the delivery or dispatch of products to their proper destinations including registered mail and air express packages.
- Maintains records or logs related to calls or other required information.
- Performs clerical or data processing functions as requested.
- Assists staff, visitors and patients by providing directions to various Institution personnel, offices, rooms, departments and locations when at the Main Lobby.
- Promotes and maintains open communication with all patients regardless of age.